Friday 1 April 2016

Literature

ARGH HELP!!!!
I think this is what I am finding the hardest from the whole inquiry - although I will probably say that again at some point before it is finished. I don't know whether its because I'm thinking about it all in a broad way and not being too specific but I feel at a loss of what to look for really.
  • Staff development in the arts
  • Arts/creativity in education
Nothing is really giving me much of an argument at the moment and everything I have looked at is o positive towards arts in education.

Any literature tips anyone??

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea,

    I found the literature review (and I am still finding the literature review) a very frustrating process. It can be so difficult when you read a source and you know it isn't quite what you are looking for. What's your inquiry topic? Could you speak to your academic advisor to see if they know of past or present BAPP Arts students that are looking at the same sort of topic? This way they could point you in the right direction.

    Paula also suggested to me looking at a variety of different sources, so videos, articles, journals, websites, news and books to try and get a variety. A good tip I found from an online session with Adesola was reading the bibliography of each source because the literature review is a bit like an investigation. I found spending 5 minutes annotating each bibliography for interesting sources gave me more avenues to explore.

    I hope this is helpful in some way!

    Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea - use key words on Summon -- there will be loads - but not so much negative but debates about what works probably -
    http://www.theguardian.com/education/artsinschools
    look for key words you have mentioned
    "Staff development in the arts
    Arts/creativity in education"

    ReplyDelete