Monday 7 March 2016

Module 3 - A rocky start

So Module 3 started well with me having half term from work - a great first week to gather my thoughts and think about the 12 weeks ahead. I started planning a timeline of activities and tried to think about fitting in the work around our massive production which takes place this coming weekend! A newly choreographed 2 hour production of 'The lion, the witch & the wardrobe'.
I was feeling VERY positive and ready to start my inquiry - THEN BOOM i started becoming ill!! I ended up in hospital with suspected viral meningitis and then spent most of my days just sleeping to try to get better. I am feeling a lot more 'with it' now however I am certainly not back to my usual self yet. So here I am starting Module 3 AGAIN 3 weeks late - I never make it easy for myself hahaha!!

Whilst being ill I have managed to set up 2 of my observations and interviews with my colleagues at school for next week. I am quite excited to see how non arts subjects can be taught creatively and had such a warm response to asking to observe their lessons. I am still waiting to arrange my third observation so I may have to change subject/teacher depending on her availability. I have also got my consent form ready to send out to the parents of my focus group - I am hoping they will want to take part and I feel some of the students will benefit from discussing the Arts Award project they have been working on.

Time to start looking through the SIG's to get me back on track!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea,

    It sounds like you have had a very stressful and gruelling three weeks! It sounds like you are in a good place with your inquiry. What is your inquiry topic and have you had many changes since submitting your inquiry plan in Module 2? It sounds like you have good opportunities in your place of work to develop a good inquiry.

    Hope you're ok and feeling better!

    Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea,

    So sorry to hear that! I hope you are feeling better now. I have also had a slow start, so you are not the only one! What is you're inquiry about and how have you found the literature research?

    As Jess said I hope you are feeling better soon.

    Francesca

    ReplyDelete